Health and Safety
Security on site:
· As part of our response to the Covid-19 epidemic, no visitors or parents are allowed on the school site: children are dropped off and collected from their allocated gate.
· If you wish to speak to a member of staff, this must be arranged through the office, preferably by email or phone.
· The staff car park MUST NOT be used as a short cut to the school office. Please use the main gate in Fort road.
· The playtrail is out of bounds before and after school.
Any problems we can help with
There are always members of staff at the gates before and after school. Please feel free to speak to them about any problems you/your children are having.
· We have a School Nurse who carries out health checks on the Reception children once they are full time. The nurse is also available to talk to parents if you have any concerns about your child e.g. sleep walking, bedwetting, eating difficulties, behavioural concerns. If you would like to speak to the nurse, please leave a message at the school office or telephone the School Nurse’s Office at Adelaide Health Centre on 023 8053 8738
Parking around the school
Please park considerately and safely around the school when you are dropping off your children or picking them up at the end of the day. Keep a look out for all children, not just your own.
Please be kind to our neighbours, remember you are representing our school!
On no occasion should you park in the doctor's surgery car parks - these are for patients with appointments only.
We encourage you to make full use of the free car parks only a 5 minute walk away in Woolston.
staff certificates health & safety
Most of the staff are trained in emergency first aid, including the use of defibrillators. The staff with full first aid certificates are listed here:
Staff are trained to drive children in a minibus: